PLEASE READ DISCLAIMER:
The Mirror Empire Social Show (the “Show”) is a project of The Mirror Empire Company (the “Company”) to create a participatory ‘social’ show as a motion picture event that will allow everyone who participates to develop a movie project that allows freedom and innovation within a larger whole. Editions will screen differently by location, day of week, real-world actor location and other plot-driven criteria. As a new method of movie-making, it necessarily entails extra financial risk that balances the possibility of extraordinary reward. All participants are forewarned that each and every, severally and jointly, accepts such risk and hold each other and the Company harmless.
INFORMATION AND TERMS
NOTICE: By purchasing leaseholder scene screening or other rights, Buyer agrees to be bound by and and all terms herein.
- A collaborative motion picture project controlled by the Company in the real world and in the plot of the movie.
- Scene slot screening rights are made available by the Company at its discretion, and such rights and other rights are offered for sale as leasehold rights in each chapter of Show productions in perpetuity. Such rights are held according to the terms for each product as described.
- The Company will sell or grant other rights, such as overall editing rights or technology deployment rights. Such rights may be concurrent and packaged with screening right sales.
- Participants are free to retain proportional revenues arising from the screening of their portions of authorized Show editions, to include box office, streaming, etc., and all other revenues each may generate, to include sales, product promotions and placements, endorsements, advertising, fashion and wardrobe, and other sources.
- Control of plot elements will remain with the Company.
- Static or dynamic releases will be determined by each of the five purchasers of Studio rights within their respective projects, limited by the agreements herein.
- “Production”, “Release” or “Screening” refers to any screening of the Mirror Empire Social Show, Chapter One, in whole or in part, by any technology, to include all scenes submitted by participants and presented under the authority of the Company.
- A SCREENING right allows Lessee’s scene(s) to screen within productions in any screening occurring within the designated area of potential audience location (allowing localized rights).
- A LOCAL right grants the area designated geographically, by boundaries or entities (addresses, neighborhoods, cities, nations); in competition with other Purchasers or exclusively; or any localized criteria.
- An EXCLUSIVE right means the screening area is to be enjoyed exclusively without competitors.
- A MOVEABLE right allows a limited right of moving the leased screening right from one to another geographical location. Such motions may be constrained by available spaces.
- A ROVING right is a screening right that follows in the real world the actual Person who plays in the relevant scenes. Audience share is apportioned nearest the Person’s location in a worldwide screening competition with other Purchasers of the same right.
- A SHARED right may be COOPERATIVE or COMPETITIVE. ‘Shared’ means multiple shares of the local, regional, roving, moveable or other right may be purchased for the same series or scene. In a competitive situation the number of potential viewers apportioned to each share will be determined by dividing the number of shares leased for the relevant region by total potential audience population, with screening areas allocated per share according to a function determined by the Company. In a cooperative case, the audience share shall be agreed upon by the parties, whether by creating aa single sequence or series, or allocating audience share geographically or in any other way, with disputes to be adjudicated by the Company. In either case, ‘share’ refers to one portion of potential viewers.
- A NATIONAL right will be for the nation selected.
- A COOPERATIVE right, such as that for Tech Giants, is indeterminate, to be determined by the parties with the Company as final arbiter.
- A POPULAR right is determined by audience vote.
- A LIMITED SERIES right refers to a limitation which may occur later. For instance, the Princess Series right is for screening the whole series of the Princess scenes in the designated area until an Empress supersedes some of the Princess scenes with her own, creating the narrative that she alone was the sole person destined to become the Empress. Other Princess scenes may continue in competition with each other as a continuing plot.
- The EDITING right is for a theatrical production per year, to include pre-production versions if desired. Additional Editing Right may be offered for more frequent episodes, to include near-live or live-action editing of some aspect of the show production, or its effects in the real world.
- DAY OF WEEK rights are for weekly series within the plot, one series for each day of the week. The scenes as scripted in the current opening (“Pilot”) script are an example of an opening series that would be acceptable; participants who buy a series may opt for any day of the week they wish, but must then create a series for that day’s screening, and any new scenes or series will screen in their area only on that day. This hints at the creative possibilities inherent in the project. Please see information about acceptable scenes herein.
- TECHNOLOGICAL DEVELOPMENT rights are for handling the technological aspects of the Show’s development and deployment. Such rights are predicted to be cooperative, perhaps distributed among several contractors who may also serve as lessees of screening rights (also cooperative) and participate as character entities in the Show. Such rights may be as follows:
- Registration and Privacy Engine — to register unique persons for assignment of virtual currency and other rights and privileges, within the Show structure, and to do so in a way that protects privacy.
- Protection Engine — self-monitoring of surroundings and alert system for localized response that protects privacy while providing real-time emergency aide to vulnerable and threatened individuals and groups.
- Overall Show maintenance — to coordinate customer assistance and script revisions and additions to allow custom movie plots and series to develop locally, nationally, linguistically, worldwide and so forth, along with empire and republican plots.
- Body-worn camera devices — high-fashion wardrobe of the future.
- Screening engine — to screen minutely regionalized versions of the Show’s aspects and episodes.
- Currency Payment and Transfers — Payment systems to allow use of the virtual currency in all circumstances, focusing on policing fraud and coercion.
- Political Plot Show Structure — rights and powers of People scene owners vs. Tribunes, Praetors, Moviemakers and common viewers in constructing localities of plots and locations of show temples and emporiums.
- Moviemaking emporiums — beginning perhaps in Las Vegas, moviemaking booths and localities that facilitate new scenes for moments of fame and competition to move up to royalty in the Show.
- The Empress will determine the amount of the stipend and all other currency questions, whether virtual or real, and she will own this right personally.
- All screening rights are owned by the Company and leased to contributors according to the various agreements. Contributors release all claims and ownership beyond rights to have scenes screened according to this Agreement, or, in the case of production and editing rights, to produce and edit screenings; or, to develop technology in the case of a technology development right, each of these according to the Agreements as stated herein. Each contributor or purchaser of rights is responsible for obtaining releases and permissions from all actors, owners, appropriate authorities and participants in all productions, as well as for conforming to regulations and laws pertaining to all activities, whether for video production or any other contemplated activity.
- Rights are perpetual for Chapter One of The Mirror Empire Social Show. ANY RIGHT MAY BE RESOLD TO ANOTHER PARTY WITH THE PERMISSION OF THE COMPANY AND WITH A COMMISION ACCRUING TO THE COMPANY EQUAL TO 50% (FIFTY PERCENT) OF ALL PROCEEDS, MONEYS, THINGS OF VALUE OR ANY CONSIDERATION EFFECTING THE TRANSFER.
- A right may require registration of the person playing the character. One such right is the role of Empress. IN SUCH CASE THE LOCATION OF THE REGISTERED PERSON WILL BE KEPT PRIVATE BY THE COMPANY BUT MUST ALWAYS BE AVAILABLE TO THE COMPANY FOR CUSTOM PRODUCTION SCREENING PURPOSES.
- Any scene may be displayed according to other criteria as parts of further developing plots or other lists of scenes or in any reasonable fashion determined by the Company, in its sole and absolute discretion.
- All ambiguities in rights and responsibilities will be resolved by the Company and all participants, purchasers, lessees, developers, agents, investors, viewers and all interested parties agree to be bound by such decisions and hold the Company harmless in this regard.
G. LIMITS AND METHODS
- Uploads must be completed within a reasonable time frame. For the first releases the time frame will be communicated to purchasers as the situation develops. The Company will endeavor to publish and communicate to the Participants such schedules as may be necessary for releasing further variations, episodes, customizations, and so forth.
- The Company may require or allow subsequent uploads as needed or requested by lessee contributors.
- The Company reserves the right to screen a placeholder scene or sequence in a slot space or spaces reserved for any scene(s) in any production or screening, leased or not leased, before a submission is received and approved for screening.
- A new scene may be uploaded to a leased scene slot to replace a previously uploaded scene with permission from the Company as often as the Company permits.
- Contributors not creating or uploading new scenes as requested by the Company may lose their screening right in current productions and remain archived only.
- Overall scene length must not exceed the original scripted scene length unless permitted otherwise by the Company. Any other restrictions the Company may require must be adhered to by the lessee contributor.
- Editors may arrange the scenes submitted by lessee contributors within a production or screening as the Editor may wish.
- Lessee releases all photography, images, likenesses of all actors and all distribution rights to the Company to use as it sees fit. Lessee agrees to secure such rights as necessary for screening of Lessee’s scenes within a Production.
- Displaced scenes may be archived by the Company for custom retrieval by viewers using various criteria or for any other use approved by the Company.
- Certain provisions and terms will be revealed in the scripted scenes as provided by the Company and shall be considered binding on the Company and lessee contributors.
- KIDS SCENE leaseholders will receive one free share for every purchased share each day after purchase; PEOPLE SCENE leaseholders shall receive the same each week; and TRIBUNE SERIES leaseholders shall receive the same each month.
- The Company will determine the limits of Chapter One.
- All scene submissions are subject to approval by the Company. In the case of a rejected scene Lessee may be allowed additional scene uploads. Successive rejections may result in Lessee’s lease right being suspended, to be reinstated at terms acceptable to the Company, or, in the case of multiple rejections, acts of bad faith, or adverse action by Lessee as determined by the Company IN ITS SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION the Company reserves the right to terminate Lessee’s lease without refund and release any affected screening right share(s) or other right(s). Lessee agrees to hold the Company harmless in this regard. The Company agrees that screening or other approval shall not be unreasonably withheld.
- The Company may require adherence by any lessees of People’s scenes to the supervision and approval of an assigned Tribune and Praetor.
- Privacy will be primary.
- Depictions of violence within any scene not designated as a Studio slot is prohibited.
- Violation of prohibitions may be grounds for rejection of scene submissions and termination of lease.
- The Company shall retain revenues from the sale of leasehold rights for participation in the Show, and all such revenues shall accrue solely to the Company.
- All other revenues will accrue to the leaseholders, in most cases by agreement amongst themselves or under direction of agreements initiated by the Company in negotiations.
- AGENCIES may claim a standard agency fee for the sale of any of the rights as offered within the product descriptions.
J. PURCHASE OF LEASE DEFINITION
- Payment that executes agreement to lease may be referenced here by terms such as “sale”, “purchase” or “buy”. Lessee may be described as “Buyer”, “Purchaser”, “Owner” or similar term.