Get the screening right to an entire city for the whole series of Tribune scenes. Create your own plot to support — or overthrow — the empire. And possibly run the editing and content of People’s and Kids’ scenes.
Please read the GENERAL DISCLAIMER below.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Lessee obtains the screening right for Lessee’s produced scenes to screen as the Tribune scenes within a purchased city in screenings of The Mirror Empire Social Show, Chapter One (each screening a “Production”) authorized by the Mirror Empire Company (the “Company”), subject to the following conditions, limitations and restrictions:
- Right is for a metropolitan area of screening territory centered generally on the location of first photography, as determined by the Company. Area may extend to boundaries of other metropolitan areas until such time intervening areas (smaller cities and towns) are available for lease.
- 30 (THIRTY) CALENDAR DAYS after the original lease payment is received by the Company, Lessee’s leased scene slot will be advertised for lease AGAIN at a new lease price that is 10 (Ten) times the previous lease price. Lessee may opt to renew its original lease at the new payment price before public offering at the new price, with notification and payment to the Company, during the thirty day period, after which a new thirty day period will begin for the Lessee with the same stipulations. Upon receiving a NEW LEASE PAYMENT from a New Lessee, all New Lessee’s scenes will displace the previous Lessee’s scene as soon as is practicable after acceptance by the Company of the New Lessee’s scene submissions. This displacement, or, substitution of scenes will apply to all screenings of the Mirror Empire Social Show, Chapter One within the designated region. NOTE: LESSEE, AS PREVIOUS LESSEE, will receive from the Company a sum equal to 1/2 (One Half) of the new lease payment within 90 (Ninety) days of receipt by the Company of such payment. Payment to Previous Lessee is contingent upon good funds being cleared to the Company, and is subject to cancellation in the case of fraud or malfeasance.
- Lessee may upload a new scene to its scene slots, to replace a previously uploaded scene, as often as the Company permits. Combined scene lengths must not exceed the original total length of the scene sequence unless otherwise permitted by the Company.
- The Company may demand continuing lease payments for new scene uploads, at its sole discretion, and not to exceed the original cost, except as follows: Continuing lease payments may be adjusted according to the US Government Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA) if in U.S. dollars, or other inflation-related index if transacted in another currency, at the sole discretion of the Company.
- All scene submissions are subject to approval by the Company. In the case of an original rejected scene Lessee may be allowed, at the sole discretion of the Company, an additional scene upload free of charge. Subsequent rejections may result in Lessee’s lease right being suspended, to be reinstated only at terms acceptable to the Company. In the case of multiple rejections, acts of bad faith, or any adverse action by Lessee, as determined by the Company, the Company reserves the right to terminate Lessee’s lease without refund and release the affected screening right. Lessee agrees to hold the Company harmless in this regard. The Company agrees that screening approval shall not be unreasonably withheld.
- The Company reserves the right to screen a placeholder scene in the slot space reserved for any scene in any Production, leased or not leased, before a submission is received and approved for screening.
- Lessee is notified that depictions of violence, distribution of misinformation, organization of sedition or any unlawful activities will be grounds for rejection of scene submissions and possible termination of lease. Lessee agrees that it and its employees and contractors and all personnel engaged in the photographing and production of scenes shall not engage in violence; that violence and the use of weapons shall not be photographed; and that no weapons shall be allowed upon the set or any location of photography or production. Lessee further agrees that all references to violence shall be oblique only, scripted as to be visualized by the viewers in imagination only and will not be depicted on-screen. Lessee agrees to hold harmless the Company and any of its associates or assigns for any harm or damages incurred during photography or production of scenes.
- Editors may arrange the scenes submitted by Lessee in any novel way for screening a Production.
- Lessee releases all photography, images, likenesses of all actors and all distribution rights to the Company to use as it sees fit. Lessee agrees to secure such rights as necessary for screening of Lessee’s scenes within a Production.
- Lessee must be a natural person. Lessee may lease multiple shares if inventory permits.
- Lease duration is for a minimum of 1 (One) year. Lease may be extended by the Company, at its sole discretion. Lease is for Chapter One of the Mirror Empire Social Show only.
The Mirror Empire Social Show project is a tentative proposition. The envisioned outcome is a participatory movie that screens in customized versions, to include customized content, with each screening. To enable these screenings an editing and screening engine that takes into account the location of each screening and has the ability to insert scenes into an overall production must be brought online and made operative. Such technology is believed to be well within the reach of current capabilities but has not yet been made operational. Until such time, screenings of produced and uploaded scenes meant for specific scene slots may be limited to a website and will not be easily presentable on-demand within fully produced releases. Lessees of the screening rights or shares of screening rights are made aware that this is the first of this type of venture and each is shouldering the risk and burden of a pioneer. The Mirror Empire Company (“Company”) agrees to act in good faith to realize the full creative possibilities inherent in this project as envisioned, and to promote and integrate the creative products of its participants. However, no promises can be reasonably made at this time as to ultimate outcomes, and the Company must reserve to itself the right to change terms and conditions as it sees fit . The limits on the numbers of Lessees for each scene will be adhered to, however, to inasmuch as possible safeguard and make valuable the investment of each Lessee as to any possible return whether monetary or in the form of influence or creative expression, though none is guaranteed. All prices are subject to change.