Make yourself heard in your neighborhood.
All Terms and Conditions subject to the GENERAL DISCLAIMER below.
Description of Right: With each individual payment Lessee obtains 1 (One) share of the worldwide screening right for Lessee’s produced scene for the screening slot, within all screenings of The Mirror Empire Social Show (the “Show”), Chapter One (each screening a “Production”) authorized by the Mirror Empire Company (the “Company”), subject to the following conditions, limitations and restrictions:
- Right is to be exercised in localized, geographical competition with all other Lessees of shares of the local screening right for this scene. “Share” or “shares” refers to audience share, which shall be apportioned geographically according to the number of potential viewers nearest the first photography location submitted by the Lessee of each share. Each share shall be assigned a potential audience share equaling the total world population divided by the number of currently leased shares. Boundaries will change as new shares are leased. Boundaries shall be drawn according to a function determined by the Company.
- AUDICENCE SHARE WILL ALSO BE DEPENDENT ON POPULARITY using an algorithm approved by the Company which will DISTRIBUTE ADDITIONAL AUDIENCE SHARE TO THOSE SCENES PROVING POPULAR AS OPPOSED TO THOSE WHICH ARE LESS SO.
- Multiple shares may be leased centering on a single location, to increase audience share for the scene screened in the leased scene slot.
- All scene submissions are subject to approval by the Company. In the case of a rejected scene Lessee may be allowed, at the sole discretion of the Company, an additional scene upload free of charge. Subsequent rejections may result in Lessee’s lease right being suspended until a newly uploaded scene is paid for and accepted by the Company. In the case of multiple rejections, acts of bad faith, or other adverse action by Lessee, as determined by the Company, the Company reserves the right to terminate Lessee’s lease without refund. Lessee agrees to hold the Company harmless in this regard. The Company agrees that screening approval shall not be unreasonably withheld.
- The Company reserves the right to screen a placeholder scene in the slot space reserved for any scene in any Production, leased or not leased, before a submission is received and approved for screening.
- Lessee is notified that depictions of violence, distribution of misinformation, organization of sedition or any unlawful activities will be grounds for rejection of scene submissions and possible termination of lease. Lessee agrees that it and its employees and contractors and all personnel engaged in the photographing and production of scenes shall not engage in violence; that violence and the use of weapons shall not be photographed; and that no weapons shall be allowed upon the set or any location of photography or production. Lessee further agrees that all references to violence shall be oblique only, scripted as to be visualized by the viewers in imagination only and will not be depicted on-screen. Lessee agrees to hold harmless the Company and any of its associates or assigns for any harm or damages incurred during photography or production of scenes.
- Editors may arrange any and all scenes, including those submitted by Lessee, in any order when screening a Production, and may add soundtrack, transitions, and other effects.
- Lessee releases all photography, images, likenesses of all actors and all distribution rights to the Company to use as it sees fit. Lessee agrees to secure such rights as necessary for screening of Lessee’s scenes within a Production.
- Lessee must be a natural person.
The Mirror Empire project (the “Project”) is a tentative proposition with risk involved for everyone who participates. The envisioned outcome is a participatory movie that screens in customized versions. To enable such screenings new technology must be made operative. Such technology is believed to be within the reach of current capabilities but has not yet been deployed in a coordinated manner as envisioned herein. Until such time, screenings of produced and uploaded scenes will be limited to a website, or possibly other applications, and may not be easily presentable as full productions; in addition, no promise is made as to the continuance of the project; furthermore, new ways of viewing and utilizing scenes and sequences may evolve. The Mirror Empire Company (the “Company”) intends to realize and aid, as much as is reasonable and possible, the creative possibilities inherent in the Project. However, no promises can be reasonably made at this time as to outcomes, and all who participate in the Project, whether as an individual or company, as leaseholder, investor, creator, promoter, actor or any other personnel or entity engaged in any way with the Project (each and every, singly and collectively a “Participant”), is hereby made aware that any investment of effort, finance, emotion or any other consideration or thing of value is at risk. Each Participant agrees to hold the Company harmless with regard to any and all risk, harm, or loss; such risk to include any failure and consequence of such failure to realize an envisioned outcome, real or imagined.