Gain the screening rights for the government reaction plot—for your entire country.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please be sure to read the General Disclaimer below.
This lease is for a national screening right for the Government series of scenes. With your payment you, as “Lessee”, obtain all scene slot screening rights for a single country (nation) from the Mirror Empire Company (the “Company”) for the scene slots designated as GOVERNMENT. Your produced, uploaded and approved scenes will appear within all screenings authorized by the Company within the leased country, except as such rights of screenings are subject to the restrictions, limitations, and rules as stated below:
- Your scene (as Lessee) will screen to all viewers within your chosen country on all screens and devices and at all locations authorized by the Company.
- Lessee’s screening right is perpetual for The Mirror Empire Social Show, Chapter One, unless Lessee’s leased scene slot is leased by a New Lessee, as described below, or otherwise terminated according to any provision below.
- 1 (One) year after the lease payment for your lease rights is received by the Company, Lessee’s leased scene slots will be advertised for lease AGAIN at a new lease price that is 10 (Ten) times the previous lease price. Lessee may opt to renew lease, at the new payment price before public offering at the new price, with notification and payment to the Company. Upon receiving a NEW LEASE PAYMENT from a New Lessee, all New Lessee’s scenes will displace the previous Lessee’s scenes as soon as is practicable after acceptance by the Company of the New Lessee’s scene submissions. This displacement, or, substitution of scenes will apply to all screenings of the Mirror Empire Social Show in the country leased. NOTE: YOU, AS PREVIOUS LESSEE, will receive from the Company a sum equal to 1/2 (One Half) of the new lease payment, should such occur, within 90 (Ninety) days of receipt by the Company of the new lease payment. Such payment is contingent upon good funds being cleared and is subject to cancellation in the case of fraud or malfeasance.
- Lessee may sell or transfer right(s) with payment to the Company of one-half of all revenues effecting such sale or transfer. In such case the provisions of Paragraph 3 shall apply to the new price.
- Original scene submission must follow the script provided. Lessee may submit new scenes with payment per scene equal to one tenth the original lease payment. New scene scripts are at the discretion of the Lessee.
- Lease payments are non-refundable. All scene submissions are subject to approval by the Company. The Company reserves the right to screen a scene in the slot space reserved for any scene in any screening or production, leased or not leased, before a submission is received and approved.
- The Company agrees that screening approval shall not be unreasonably withheld; however, Lessee is notified that depictions of violence, distribution of misinformation, organization of sedition and any other unlawful activities will be grounds for rejection. In addition to these restrictions, the Company reserves the right to reject scenes based on any reasonable criterion or criteria, including shoddy production, technical incompatibility or acts in bad faith by the Lessee. In such case the Company will retain and may exercise its right to screen its own or any other scenes in the scene slot space(s) of Lessee’s leased rights, without compensation to Lessee, and Lessee agrees to hold the Company harmless for any and all actions by the Company, its assigns, agents, subsidiaries, associates, licensees and registrants in this regard.
- Editors, whether authorized as such as characters in the plot, or as authorized employees of the Company, may select to r arrange the scenes submitted by Lessee in any of their own productions or screenings of the Mirror Empire Social Show.
- Lessee agrees that it and its employees and contractors and all personnel engaged in the photographing and production of scenes shall not engage in any violence while so engaged; that violence and the use of weapons shall not be photographed, and that no weapons shall be allowed upon the set or any location of photography or production. Furthermore, that all references to violence shall be oblique only, scripted as to be visualized by the viewers in imagination only and will not be depicted on-screen. Lessee agrees to hold harmless the Company and any of its associates or assigns for any damages incurred during photography or production of any scenes as described herein.
The Mirror Empire project is a tentative proposition with risk involved for everyone who participates. The envisioned outcome is a participatory movie that screens in customized versions, to include localized and regionalized content, with each screening. To enable these screenings an editing and screening engine that takes into account the location of each screening and has the ability to insert scenes into an overall production must be brought online and made operative. Such technology is believed to be well within the reach of current capabilities but has not yet been produced. Until such time, screenings of produced and uploaded scenes meant for specific scene slots will be limited to a website application to the extent possible and will not be easily presentable on-demand as full productions. Lessees of the screening rights or shares of screening rights are made aware that this is the first of this type of venture and each is shouldering the risk and burden of a pioneer. The Mirror Empire Company will act in good faith to realize the full creative possibilities inherent in this project as envisioned, and to promote and integrate the creative products of its participants. However, no promises can be reasonably made at this time as to ultimate outcomes. The limits on the numbers of Lessees for each scene will be adhered to, however, to inasmuch as possible safeguard and make valuable the investment of each Lessee as to any possible return whether monetary or in the form of influence or creative expression, though none is guaranteed.