Become a diplomat for the empire!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All Terms and Conditions subject to the GENERAL DISCLAIMER below.
Description of Right: With each individual payment Lessee obtains 1 (One) share of a geo-located screening right for Lessee’s produced scenes for the Empire Diplomat sequence slots, within all screenings of The Mirror Empire Social Show (the “Show”), Chapter One (each screening a “Production”) authorized by the Mirror Empire Company (the “Company”), subject to the following conditions, limitations and restrictions:
- Right is to be exercised in localized, geographical competition with all other Lessees of shares of the screening right for this sequence. “Share” or “shares” refers to audience share, which shall be apportioned among all shares geographically according to the number of potential viewers nearest the photography location submitted by Lessee for each scene. Each share shall be assigned a potential audience share equalling the total world population divided by the number of currently leased shares, with boundaries encompassing the assigned population used to assign scenes to be screened within each Production. Boundaries will change as new shares are leased. Boundaries shall be drawn according to a function determined by the Company.
- Original, or first, scene upload must adhere to the script as published by the Company.
- Lessee may upload a new scene to its scene slot, to replace a previously uploaded scene, with a new payment equal to 10% (Ten Percent) of the first full sequence payment for each new upload, as long as Lessee holds the lease right. Scene length must be roughly equivalent to the original scene unless otherwise permitted by the Company.
- Lease is in perpetuity for Chapter One of the Show, or until lease is bought by New Lessee, or other terminating event.
- All scene submissions are subject to approval by the Company. In the case of a rejected scene Lessee may be allowed, at the sole discretion of the Company, an additional scene upload free of charge. Subsequent rejections may result in Lessee’s lease right being suspended until a newly uploaded scene is paid for and accepted by the Company. In the case of multiple rejections, acts of bad faith, or other adverse action by Lessee, as determined by the Company, the Company reserves the right to terminate Lessee’s lease without refund. Lessee agrees to hold the Company harmless in this regard. The Company agrees that screening approval shall not be unreasonably withheld.
- The Company reserves the right to screen a placeholder scene in the slot space reserved for any scene in any Production, leased or not leased, before a submission is received and approved for screening.
- Lessee is notified that depictions of violence, distribution of misinformation, organization of sedition or any unlawful activities will be grounds for rejection of scene submissions and possible termination of lease. Lessee agrees that it and its employees and contractors and all personnel engaged in the photographing and production of scenes shall not engage in violence; that violence and the use of weapons shall not be photographed; and that no weapons shall be allowed upon the set or any location of photography or production. Lessee further agrees that all references to violence shall be oblique only, scripted as to be visualized by the viewers in imagination only and will not be depicted on-screen. Lessee agrees to hold harmless the Company and any of its associates or assigns for any harm or damages incurred during photography or production of scenes.
- Editors may arrange any and all scenes, including those submitted by Lessee, in any order when screening a Production, and may add soundtrack, transitions, and other effects.
- Lessee releases all photography, images, likenesses of all actors and all distribution rights to the Company to use as it sees fit. Lessee agrees to secure such rights as necessary for screening of Lessee’s scenes within a Production.
- Lessee may resell or reassign lease rights with 50% (Fifty Percent) of all proceeds effecting such reassignment accruing to the Company.
The Mirror Empire Social Show project is a tentative proposition. The envisioned outcome is a participatory movie that screens in customized versions, to include customized content, with each screening. To enable these screenings an editing and screening engine that takes into account the location of each screening and has the ability to insert scenes into an overall production must be brought online and made operative. Such technology is believed to be well within the reach of current capabilities but has not yet been made operational. Until such time, screenings of produced and uploaded scenes meant for specific scene slots may be limited to a website and will not be easily presentable on-demand within fully produced releases. Lessees of the screening rights or shares of screening rights are made aware that this is the first of this type of venture and each is shouldering the risk and burden of a pioneer. The Mirror Empire Company (“Company”) agrees to act in good faith to realize the full creative possibilities inherent in this project as envisioned, and to promote and integrate the creative products of its participants. However, no promises can be reasonably made at this time as to ultimate outcomes, and the Company must reserve to itself the right to change terms and conditions as it sees fit . The limits on the numbers of Lessees for each scene will be adhered to, however, to inasmuch as possible safeguard and make valuable the investment of each Lessee as to any possible return whether monetary or in the form of influence or creative expression, though none is guaranteed. All prices are subject to change.